Call For Applications for Afrika Kommt! 2018-2020Enlarge image
Afrika Kommt! is back.
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship program aims at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
Closing date for the application period: 19.01.2018, 23:59h CET
The initiative was set-up in 2008 by leading German companies who take in successful candidates and offer them training as executives. Since then, 76 African young professionals and junior executives have participated in Afrika kommt!.
The programme fellows benefit through
- gaining first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
- being exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practice
- becoming acquainted with working processes and business culture in German enterprises
- extending their international management competencies
- initiating networks of cooperation partners between Sub-Saharan Africa and German companies
The partner companies benefit through
- establishing networks of cooperation and trust in promising future markets in Sub-Saharan Africa
- extending their experience with the working and business culture in Sub-Saharan Africa
- improving their knowledge about cultures, markets, countries etc. in Sub-Saharan Africa
- After five completed programme years, a significant number of the participants now work in the branch office of their respective partner company in Africa.
Key elements of AFRIKA KOMMT!
Financed by the German partner companies, the capacity development programme AFRIKA KOMMT! consists of the following key components:
1. One-month individual German language preparation course
2. One-year stay in Germany comprising of:
- Two-months intensive German language course
- Eight-months internship in a German partner company
- Three one-week training modules on international management and leadership competencies
- One-week study tour in Germany on relevant subjects, e.g. “Digital Change”
- Weekend seminars on cultural and social subjects organised by the Robert Bosch Stiftung in Stuttgart and the ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius in Hamburg
- Cultural weekend activities organised by GIZ
3. Transfer phase after the stay in Germany via GIZ’s online platform Global Campus 21 and integration into the AFRIKA KOMMT! Alumni Network and its regional Alumni Clubs
4. Refresher course in Germany or Africa, approx. 6-12 months after the stay in Germany, offering the former fellows to extend their networks with other alumni and to mutually benefit from their experiences.
For more information: