Online visa appointment
Read carefully before scheduling your visa appointment:
- All persons wishing to apply for a visa to visit Germany must book an appointment in advance through the electronic booking system. The only exceptions are for Frequent Travellers and Note Verbale holders.
- One applicant = one appointment. The online booking system will only issue one appointment, for one applicant.
- Groups or families (4 persons or more) who travel together have to contact the Embassy's visa section to ask for a group appointment. Group appointments cannot be obtained on short notice. Each member of the group will have to provide his/her own complete visa application.
- Appointments are usually available within 5 to 8 weeks. However, please check the system regularly as free slots might become available due to canceled appointments.
- Appointments can only be booked for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. The visa section is closed to the public on Wednesdays.
- Make sure to select the right visa category (short-term or long-term).
- Bookings will be confirmed by e-mail within 24 hours.
- Only one appointment is possible per applicant. No additional appointments can be arranged.
- Applicants who misuse the booking system will be blocked automatically. Any further bookings will be denied. This measure is in the interest of the majority of honest applicants.
- It is urgently advised not to book appointments through agencies or any other third party. You will be held responsible for any misuse in your name.
- Only applicants whose names and passport numbers have been used for the online application will be granted access to the Embassy.
- Try to book your appointment as early as possible, as soon as you get to know about your trip to Germany.
- Short term visa applicants only: please note that the earliest you can schedule your appointment for a short term visa (Schengen cat. C) is 90 days before the intended beginning of your journey.
- All application forms, visa information documents and appointments are free of charge. If you have been charged for any of these, please report immediately to the Embassy.